Take care of the wooden terrace/balconySunday, 26 June, 2022
If the wood repeatedly expands and shrinks, the resins will not be able to hold the fibers together and the wood will crack. Well-oiled wood repels water, so it has a more even moisture content and fewer cracks. The purpose of wood oil is to add greasy oil to the wood and thereby achieve water repellency. Wood oil must not coat the surface and any excess must always be removed to prevent discolouration. The higher the dry matter content of the oil, the more oil there is and the greater the risk of a layer forming on the surface.
The surface must be clean, firm and dry. Porous wood will be removed. Wash the terrace with detergents, rinse with water and allow to dry well.
Apply wood oil to the wood with a brush or a cloth. Cover the entire table at once and avoid multiple layers. Wipe off excess oil, paying special attention to greasy areas and exposed knots. Work until the surface is saturated and the oil is no longer absorbed. Maintenance is preferably repeated several times a year, especially in the autumn. Pay special attention to the careful treatment of wood. Suitable oils are Wood Oil Classic 30, Gard Wood Oil and Orient Chinese Wood Oil.
Maintenance is performed as described above.
- 15-year quality warrantyOUTDOOR WARRANTY UP TO 15 YEARS ON PRODUCTS TITAN AND STORM Products Titan and Storm are labelled with the Warranty-symbol. The warranty is valid for a quality which … Read more
- Painting wallsPainting walls Preliminary work Wash wallpaper and previously painted surfaces with a sponge and paint cleaner. Peeled wallpaper cannot be painted and must be removed. Apply the unevenness … Read more
- Painting ceilingsPainting ceilings Preliminary work Previously painted surfaces must be cleaned of grease and dirt. Before painting, the old ceiling must be tested with a wet sponge to find … Read more
- Wood careTake care of the wooden terrace/balcony Preparation If the wood repeatedly expands and shrinks, the resins will not be able to hold the fibers together and the wood … Read more
- Painting iron and metal surfacesPainting iron and metal surfaces Preliminary work Corrosion occurs when iron is oxidised, that is, when oxygen in the air comes in contact with bare iron. Salt and … Read more